Monday 17 February 2014

Week 4 - Building the Assets

The day after the presentation last Tuesday I started to begin building the proper assets for my scene. I started with the telephone booth (milk carton), picture frames and I began modelling the Oven building that's centre of my scene. I have been going back to my block out scene and changing round a few buildings like the fast food store. Other adjustments to the block out was the sizing. When importing the whole block out into UDK I noticed the size was a little off with the whole scene. I simply increased the size in UDK and then took note of the size change and copied those figures into the Maya scene. With these adjustments made I'm happy with the scale of the scene and I think it captures that 'worms eye view' feeling like your a rat in this world.

For the Dynamic effects in this scene I've been looking into cloth effects I could use. On a few of the buildings I have covers attached. These could use the cloth effects and adding to the realism and make the scene more interesting.

Video. 1. Unreal Development Kit Cloth Basics Tutorial Part 1

In the video above it gives a tutorial 

Video Reference

Video. 1. raven67854. 2009. Unreal Development Kit Cloth Basics Tutorial Part 1. [Online]. [11th Feb 2014]. Available from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwXsHvlVryE 





No comments:

Post a Comment